The first recital of the holiday season was our piano recital. Both Max and Hannah played beautifully. They both had their pieces memorized, but at the last minute chickened out and took their music up with them, although neither one looked at it. Max played both his pieces at least one octave higher because "it sounds so much better". I cried... sobbed actually. I wish I could share what a feat it was for Max. He doesn't even realize what an endeavor it was to be able to play the piano with both hands. I wish I had video of his "tricky" hand on the first day he ever practiced a tune to compare to the day he played his recital pieces. I told him one day how exciting it was that he was playing so well with his tricky hand and how proud I was of him for his hard work. He replied, "Yah, my tricky hand has always wanted to play the piano." And then he continued to practice.
Hannah is really starting to enjoy the piano. She allows herself to get so frustrated so fast. But I think we have established a good routine of practice with reasonable expectations...finally!!! I only have to nag maybe twice a week to get the practicing done.
The second recital was Tiffany Dance Co. Christmas production on December 18, 2008. Maggie is my only dancer this year! She loves it more than life itself! She dances and sings all day when she is at home. We have saved all of the wonderful dance costumes over the past few years. After performances are finished, the costumes go into the dress up trunk and make new debut often. Maggie's dance was called "I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas". It was a bit of a challenge to decide which images to include. Matt took 95!! When I flipped through all of the images in LightRoom, it was like watching the dance again!

4 comments:
Totally cryin again over Max...HE WAS SO AMAZING! Great job Max AND Hannah! And how stinkin cute are those pictures of Maggie??? I just want to squish her! Your husband should go into the photography business! LOL!
They all did so great. Maggie was so much fun to watch at the recital. She's got some serious talent!
This is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What an amazingly talented bunch of kids! Where in the heck did they get that talent anyway? Oh yeah... That's right. Matt and Shell are a seriously talented team.
Hey! I found your blog off of Tiff's and it always makes me laugh. Maggie was so cute at the dance recital. She is such a funny animated kid. I love watching her dance. Lila is loving dance too. Now she is excited to learn her new dances.
Post a Comment