Friday, January 9, 2009

"I Hope They Call Me on a Mission"

It is here! Bo has been called to serve in the Washington Spokane Mission. I teased him that he was going to go to Boise, Idaho (not that there is anything particularly wrong with Boise, but it is just really close to home). He almost made it! The southern boundary of his mission is just north of Boise! Hah! Hah!

To make it all extra fun and exciting, Nathan Thomson, Bo's very dear friend from Logan (they have been friend since they were 5 years old) got his call the same day to Argentina! We hip, hip, hoorayed over the phones together.

The only problem with all this mission stuff is that a missionary has to be at least 19 years old. Last time I checked, I was still 25, which would make Bo just a toddler. What happened and when did it happen?????

6 comments:

Becky said...

That is great! Congrats, Bo.

You should just tell people that Bo is your younger brother...not your son.

Leer's brother's BFF got home from that mission about a year ago. Let me know if Bo wants to get in touch with him. He's a cool kid.

Sandra said...

Wow! Unbelievable that all of those cute kids are grown up and in college and going on missions and stuff. No wonder I'm starting to look old. Freak. . .I really am old. Super congrats to Bo. I bet you can't wait for him to come home and use his new language skills. I hear Spokanese is highly sought after.

Mrs B said...

I can't believe it! I'm with you- that seems like it makes us quite a bit older than we should be! Congrats Bo!!!

Shake-N-Bake said...

Congrats to Bo! That is exciting! When does he enter the MTC? Good Luck!!

Brooke said...

Congratulations! That is so exciting! By the way, you don't look like you would be old enough to have a missionary! (What's your secret?)

Becky said...

Hi there! The stories of Max are so funny! I loved reading about them. My son Eric, was called to the Mexico City, Mexico mission. Wow its so hard to let go! Congratulations!
Love, Miss Becky

About Me

My photo
I have the most amazing kids. No, really. I know everyone thinks their kids are the best, but I really do win the prize!

Top ten replies for Bo's missionary acceptance letter

  • Sure, I'll be there. What time?
  • OK. But I don't speak Spokanese.
  • But Nate gets to go to Argentina on a big airplane!
  • Just one question. Can I bring my own car?
  • I'll come if my mom can send me cookies.
  • Sounds like a plan.
  • Oh, I forgot that I had something going on that day. Would the next Wednesday work?
  • OH, I'm so excited! When can we leave?
  • Thanks for the invitation, did I happen to mention...
  • Well, it wasn't my first choice...

What the *#@*?

What the *#@*?
Matt change from work and went to Hannah's concert. We sat down and a minute later he started laughing with his head in his hands. This is what he saw! I guess it must have been a long day?

Followers