Friday, January 9, 2009

X-Rated Part II

Matt and I took Hannah and Max and their cousin Tessa to the Body Worlds exhibit on Saturday. About half way through the exhibit Max blurts out, (reminding you just how quiet he is...not) "I've got it! I know how they do this. Flesh eating beetles!" Needless to say, his epiphany stopped more than a few people in their tracks.

As we exited the exhibit, the kids were able to participate in some activities and get a small sketch book. I stopped at a bakery on the way home. The three kids stayed in the car while I went in to the bakery. When I returned, the two girls immediately began to tattle on Max. "He is drawing naughty pictures in his book". "He is disrespecting the Statue of Liberty." I took his book and checked out the art work. He had drawn a picture of one of the displays, a body carrying an Olympic torch. It looked just like the display! Initially, I didn't realize this was the case. I told him we shouldn't draw pictures like that. Then, five minutes later I saw a Body Worlds sign and it hit me... where had I just taken him?! Yes, I know. I am a bit slow. That explained the look he gave me when I said "We don't draw pictures like that, Max." His look was, "What are you talking about? Do you remember where we just spent two hours????" Again, slow, I know. Wish I could show you the art work... it was great!

1 comment:

Brooke said...

He is so smart! That is too cute. I wanted to go there, but we didn't make it. I hope you don't mind us checking in on your blog!

About Me

My photo
I have the most amazing kids. No, really. I know everyone thinks their kids are the best, but I really do win the prize!

Top ten replies for Bo's missionary acceptance letter

  • Sure, I'll be there. What time?
  • OK. But I don't speak Spokanese.
  • But Nate gets to go to Argentina on a big airplane!
  • Just one question. Can I bring my own car?
  • I'll come if my mom can send me cookies.
  • Sounds like a plan.
  • Oh, I forgot that I had something going on that day. Would the next Wednesday work?
  • OH, I'm so excited! When can we leave?
  • Thanks for the invitation, did I happen to mention...
  • Well, it wasn't my first choice...

What the *#@*?

What the *#@*?
Matt change from work and went to Hannah's concert. We sat down and a minute later he started laughing with his head in his hands. This is what he saw! I guess it must have been a long day?

Followers