Saturday, November 15, 2008

An Evening With Max

Me: What should I ask you?
Max: What is a thousand plus a thousand?
Me: Sure, what is thousand plus a thousand?
Max: My knowledge is in my brain, the brain of a wise man, 2000. You can ask me what 4,000 plus 3,000 is because it is 7,000.
Me: How did you get to be so smart?
Max: By doing 28,000 math problems on kid planet. Twenty-eight thousand is a lot and I knew if I did that many, I would be rather smart.
Me: Well, did you have to go math class on kid planet?
Max: No, I just made my own math problems and went to work. I was the first one on kid planet to ever do math. People said it was only for humans, but I said it was for everyone. That was before my family became the royal family on kid planet. I would usually be the type that other kid planeters wouldn't do math with.
Me: Why wouldn't they do it with you?
Max: They said it was lame and just stupid kid planet drawings, which they do look like, but they really aren't. They are numbers. I am talented and I like to do art.
Me: Tell me some more about kid planet. Like what is the most interesting thing about kid planet?
Max: The most interesting thing is the great stone beast. Well, we do have one of the greatest museums ever. The first magnetic sword made out of a giant meteor that can attract iron objects.
Me: Is the sword located in the that museum?
Max: Yah, the Museum of Iro.
Me: What else could you tell me?
Max: We have a bug called the beetle tracker. The bounty hunters use it to track down people. It is pretty useful. Is that good information?
Me: What would I think was the most cool thing on kid planet?
Max: I have never told you about this mountain that was carved by the giant creature Romehome. Do you know how to spell Romehome? It is easy, just Rome plus Home. I can tell you about it.
Me: Why would I really like Romehome?
Max: He was the one who created the Milkyway galaxy. He's is pretty powerful and is made of stardust. I can't believe you are asking me about modern Kid Planet. This is interesting stuff, don't you think?
Me: Let's change the subject. What is the best part of earth life?
Max: Earth life? We are all born with a little baby pet dragon to protect us. That is really the best part.
Me: I haven't ever seen my pet dragon.
Max: For heaven sakes, you have forgotten about it. After you become a grown up about your age, you forget about it. It just disappears. I have spent many years learning about the history of dragons. Would you like to hear some of it?
Me: How about this... what is your favorite part of living with your family here on earth?
Max: My mom's great food. My brother, sisters, mom, dad, and all my friends. I really do know a lot of kid planet secrets.
Me: Yeah, what is your favorite time of day?
Max: On kid planet or on earth?
Me: One earth.
Max: Lunch time.
Me: Tell me why.
Max: Because whenever I eat I can remember the blessings of food that the great dragon put on this planet. Hey, what are we going to do if those two girls keep running around and distracting me???
Me: Thinking... What really goes on in that head of his???

2 comments:

Carlye Momma said...

Oh my goodness sakes miss Shelly! This boy is absolutely FANTASTIC!!! Now I can see why you thought you might need a disclaimer ;-). He cracks me right up!!! I showed Cam and my sister-in-law and her fiance and we're all busting a gut over all of this!!! I JUST LOVE THAT BOY!!!

Becky said...

Max is awesome. I was wondering, where is that pet dragon when you need it? I'm pretty sure those would come in handy.

About Me

My photo
I have the most amazing kids. No, really. I know everyone thinks their kids are the best, but I really do win the prize!

Top ten replies for Bo's missionary acceptance letter

  • Sure, I'll be there. What time?
  • OK. But I don't speak Spokanese.
  • But Nate gets to go to Argentina on a big airplane!
  • Just one question. Can I bring my own car?
  • I'll come if my mom can send me cookies.
  • Sounds like a plan.
  • Oh, I forgot that I had something going on that day. Would the next Wednesday work?
  • OH, I'm so excited! When can we leave?
  • Thanks for the invitation, did I happen to mention...
  • Well, it wasn't my first choice...

What the *#@*?

What the *#@*?
Matt change from work and went to Hannah's concert. We sat down and a minute later he started laughing with his head in his hands. This is what he saw! I guess it must have been a long day?

Followers